8.26.2009

New Look! New Header! Same link...

Hey guys!

It's just me, popping in to share our new look with you. Okay, so "Nelson: Party of Four" is not the most original of blog names but it makes me happy. And I'm leaving the blog URL the same because so many people know it, and it's in my email address too. They'll still get to our blog, now it's just going to be more family based and not all about the Princess. LoL!

Anyway, an update on the newest member of our family: breastfeeding almost went out the window! But after several kind words of advice and some help from good friends, I have been given a Medela double Pump in Style on loan. I've only nursed a few times, but James is thriving and doing well with both formula and breastmilk. He's getting more breastmilk than formula and loving it all!

He has been unusually awake/alert the last few days, and I'm shocked to think that this Monday he'll be three weeks old. Where did the time go? Normally bedtime is between 11-12 and he'll sleep until about 4:30 and bottle/nurse, then back to sleep until around 8-9. He's a good baby, just like his big sister was!

His little umbilical cord stump fell off sometime yesterday morning (and must be hiding in the mess that is our bedroom right now) so he had his first official bath last night. He cried the entire time, and Bryan said it's because I was bathing him with a pink rag. In an attempt to show me how he felt about the pink rag, my little man "sprung a leak" and tried to soak his Mama. I move too fast for him!

FYI if you care: I am back in pre-pregnancy jeans and have lost almost all of the 30+ pounds I gained during pregnancy! Can I get a "WOO HOO!"

I'll be sure to post some newer pictures of Little Man and the Princess as soon as humanly possible.

3 comments:

Wade's World said...

I'm glad to hear that things are going great and I give you a big "Whooo-hhooo" for losing the baby weight so fast! Good job!!!

Lori Mercer said...

LOVE your new look and the update! So glad to see things are going well!! Keep up the great work girl! :)

McCrory Family said...

The blog looks great! I am SO IMPRESSED with your weight loss...and maybe a little jealous! :) I still have several pounds left to go! Way to go for hanging in there with breastfeeding! I know you really wanted to do it and you found a way to make it work!