2.03.2009

More Updates on "Little Spot"

Sorry for the lack of posts! Life has just been zooming by us these days. Plus, our church is preparing for our Easter production of "The Sacrifice" and Sundays are pretty much booked all day now with church and rehearsals.

Anyway, last Saturday I was off work (shocking!) and Gracie and I made plans to go to Build-A-Bear at Eastdale Mall. To make a long story really sweet and simple, my mom was living in Destin, FL when I found out I was pregnant with Gracie. On a weekend visit to her house we visited an outdoor mall that had a Build-A-Bear - the first time I'd ever seen one. So Bryan and I picked out a Little Lamb we dubbed "Baby Nelson" and went through the whole process of building a bear (or in our case, a lamb). After explaining that to Gracie I told her that we just had to build one for her new baby brother or sister (FYI on those who guessed on the sex: I am still sticking to my guns that it is a girl! - more details on the gender date below!)

What's next? Why, photos of Gracie building her new baby a bear!

Picking out the bear and loving it!

Dropping in the heart...

Stuffing the bear!

Washing the bear!

More loving on the bear!

In other news I had my latest OB appointment yesterday which also resulted in me getting to leave work early! Yay! Anyhow, Bryan and I had lunch at Logan's and then headed to my appointment. When the nurse came in she asked about my "button nose" and after a look of sheer confusion she mentioned the "little angel" I brought with me last time. She remembered Gracie! Anyhow, she told us we would be able to hear the baby's heart beat today although sometimes earlier in pregnancies that is kind of difficult. But if she tried and had no luck, she would let the doctor try.
She ended up having no luck and when the doctor arrived - he had no luck either. He said something about ordering an ultrasound and making sure "everything was alright" which sent me into panic mode for a number of reasons. I have been stressed out more during this pregnancy. I've also had three nightmares about having a miscarriage, which is not something I experienced with Gracie. So while I felt like the ultrasound could be a blessing (putting my mind at ease about my worries) it was also beginning to freak me out.
So in a total fog I went down to the ultrasound room, trying to control the pounding in my head. It took two seconds of staring at the ultrasound screen before my eyes locked on the baby's frame. Right after that the tech turned on the heart doppler and you could hear it loud and clear - 155 and strong. I explained to the tech what the doctor had said, and she replied with "baby looks fine, heart rate sounds fine too. Everything looks good here!"
Feeling a thousand times better (and clutching updated pics of Little Spot in my hand) I took the paperwork back up to the doctor who agreed with the tech - all was well. We made our next two appointments (one for March 5th, the GENDER APPOINTMENT IS APRIL 1ST!!!). Someone asked me why I didn't change the gender appointment - we actually did that on purpose. Plus, it's the first Wednesday we could go - and Bryan is off on Wednesdays.

And to finish up my post.....LITTLE SPOT! (12 weeks and 2 days)

2 comments:

Carolyn Wolfe said...

I freak out all the time :-) Even more so when I have a doctors appointment coming up. So this week I am freaking out big time because my 20 week is Monday. I am more concerned with making sure all is well then with the gender. Scott of course, is just the opposite.
I am glad that all went well for you at your last appointment :-)
I can't wait to read more updates on your pregnancy :-)
xoxo
Carolyn

Wade's World said...

Spot, or as lovingly refer to he/she as, The Peanut, sounds like it's doing great. Keep us posted!