5.29.2009

Straight from the Pregnancy Files

Just some random news I thought I'd share......

I go for my 4D Ultrasound appointment this Tuesday. My plan is to keep Gracie out of school and take her with me (so she can "see" her baby brother, as I've told her several times recently) and then after the appointment, take her to see Up at the Rave.

I have gained a total of 18 pounds so far during pregnancy. My goal is 25 (which is what I gained with Gracie) and my OBGYN seems to think that is pretty reasonable. I feel as if I'm in the home stretch now, considering there's only about 10 weeks left.

I failed my 1 hour glucose tolerance test. This morning, I got the sheer pleasure of having to take the 3 hour test. Somehow I managed to get through it with only a mild headache and no urges to chew off my arm in a fit of starvation. I did treat myself to an awesome lunch from Moe's afterwards, and can now say I'm just seconds away from a wonderful nap.

And the last bit of big (to me) news:

In ten weeks or sooner should I go into labor on my own, I am going to quit taking my stomach medication cold turkey. Please pray for me, that this will work out for us in the end. The issue I have been having is wanting to breastfeed, but the medication can be passed through breast milk and can cause breathing problems in nursing babies. So after my thought, prayer, and careful deliberation with my OBGYN we decided to test run this idea during my maternity leave.
I have been emailing back and forth with a lactation consultant in our local area who has proved to be very helpful in answering any and all questions I've thrown at her.
This medication has become a crutch for me in terms of the issues I have with my stomach, and I'm somewhat nervous about not taking it. But I also look forward to the benefits and bonding time I can expect with nursing baby James. My only regret with Gracie is that I couldn't breast feed for longer. So just keep us in your prayers that not taking this medication will be okay for me and that breast feeding will also be a success. I'm sure we'll still struggle with it, but that's to be expected - nothing in life is perfect!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

10 more weeks!! I am soooo excited!! I can't wait to kiss those chubby little cheeks I know he is going to have, since Gracie did. 10 more weeks doesn't seem long at all.