5.18.2009

We're Going to Disney World!!!



See this lovely photo of Cinderella's castle? Well, Gracie is in love with it. I don't mean the picture - I mean the castle. So much so that almost on a daily basis, she tells me she has to go and see this castle.

For those of you living under a rock, Cinderella's Castle can be found at Disneyworld in Orlando, Florida. And after several weeks of idle conversation between Bryan and myself, we made the final decision to plan our first ever, very official family vacation (to include Baby James who for all intents and purposes is still in utero right now!).

The plan is to start planning (I'm a little OCD when it comes to that, just ask the mister) and our goal is to aim for the first week of May 2010. We have already ordered the vacation planning video courtesy of the Disney website. I bought a book appropriately titled "The Idiot's Guide to Walt Disney World". I have looked over another highly recommended website and pulled four prospective hotel choices.

And to that end, our planning has come to a halt. I tried to do the Disney vacation website, but it only lets you reserve/make travel plans through December 2009. Bryan and I are planning to use some of our income tax return next spring to pay for the trip. And several of our friends have informed us that you are permitted to make payments on your trip, which is a bonus for us since we won't have most of the funds until the spring anyway.

When I asked Bryan if he was excited about our trip, he answered that he was more excited about Baby James' impending arrival. While I'm also excited about that, I'm looking forward to our first family vacation and letting Gracie see Cinderella's castle in person. And I'm hoping we can snag one of those character meals with Cinderella so Gracie can tell her how awesome her castle is.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I wanna come and be the nanny for baby James when he gets fussy...I won't ask for souveniers (sp?) I promise....

Wade's World said...

Sounds like fun!! We want to take Jackson when he is about 5 years old, which is only a few years away!!!

Carolyn Wolfe said...

In one of the many magazines I now get thanks to the hospital they had something in it about planning a trip to disney. I will try to find it and scan it and send it your way. It had a lot of great tips and ideas.

Heidi said...

Awesome...
We have been 6 times in 4 years so I have plenty of advice. Burnbaums book is the BEST ever! And FYI you can do MUCH more on the website than just book reservations.

I would highly recommend staying on the property and if at all possible a monorail access resort. You can get some great deals and we always book through the disney site although some may differ in opinion on this. Also, they frequently make deals on giving you the "free meal plan". We always do the meal plan because it is an awsome deal and you get to do all the character & princess meals including eating in the castle with the princess herself.

Good luck and I hope you guys have a great time. Of course, there are more exciting things to come first right? Like the birth of that sweet boy! Congrats,
Heidi