6.26.2009

The post that is NOT about Michael Jackson

I thought you might all enjoy an update on Baby James. I went for my most recent OBGYN appointment yesterday afternoon, and have (thus far) only gained eighteen pounds this pregnancy. My goal is twenty-five (what I gained with Gracie) so please pray that I will reach my goal. That said, I am totally okay with gaining thirty pounds. But I'm shooting for twenty-five.

I am scheduled for a c-section on August 10th. This was a decision my doctor and I discussed at great length. I know some people who have a c-section the first time around opt to do it for repeat pregnancies just because. I made my decision based on the unbelievable heat we've been experiencing lately, and some other medical problems I'm having. Speaking of....

So for the last week, my right foot has been bothering me. To the point that I'm limping and can't really bend my foot in certain directions. But because I was going to my OB appointment Thursday, I thought I'd just let him take a look. Well he did, and suggested that I see a podiatrist - for what might possibly be a stress fracture. Confused? Yeah, I don't know how I got a stress fracture either. My appointment is Tuesday and aside from some slightly bad pain from long periods of standing, I am alternating cold packs and hot soaks to help ease the pain.

And since this post is NOT about Michael Jackson, I wanted to share two of my favorite Michael Jackson related videos:

Jennifer Garner - 13 Going on 30 - "Thriller"

Jackson 5 - "I'll Be There" (acapella)

I am shocked by his death, and yet not shocked by the speculation about what might have really happened. What difference does that make? We have lost a musical legend just the same. Michael's music was timeless and awesome and his presence in the music industry will be missed.

0 comments: