12.09.2008

The Big Joke

Okay, I totally have more things to post about but I wanted so much to tell you about The Big Joke that happened last night. For those of you who are not aware, our church is putting on a production of "The Christmas Shoes". The drama is based off the very popular song performed by Christian artist Bob Carlisle.

This is a photo from the last performance we did of "Sacrifice." Jason Easterling on the left, Mark Knight on the right.

Anyway, my good friend Jason Easterling plays the main role of Robert Layton. I have the unfortunate task of playing his secretary, Gwen. Will Jefcoat is one of our fellow choir members who plays Mark, another employee to Mr. Layton, and my partner in singing "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch."
Jason and I just have that type of friendship that we are very sarcastic and joke (lovingly of course!) with each other constantly. So during one of our rehearsals to prepare for the show this weekend, several choir members made the suggestion to paste Jason's face on a picture of the Grinch. So I enlisted the help of several people from our church; not just choir members but people handling props and the drama, and also our new youth minister! Edgar should actually take full credit for the photo.

I promise this story will not take as long as it seems....so I had copies of the photos and suggested to our drama director, Martha, that I lay some files down on Jason's desk (in character) before I recite my lines. She agreed. Jason and I discussed it (keep in mind he had no idea about The Big Joke) and decided he wouldn't even look at me when I put the files down.
Before our full run through rehearsal last night, I shared The Big Joke with everybody in the choir. When it was time for my scene, Jason and I walked through the scene again backstage.
And then it happened. We pulled off The Big Joke.
I put the files down on the desk, went through my lines, and turned to go. We had a stand in for Will last night, and as Jason called for Mark I heard the WHOLE choir erupt into a fit of laughter.

Now can I just share with you what Jason was looking at (and The Big Joke that had the choir in hysterics?)


For those of you who know Jason Easterling, he is willing to autograph a copy for free. Just print it off and present it to him the next time you see him!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

that is hilarious. i can't wait to show that to wesley!!

Candy Jones said...

Sooo very funny! Makes me sad and envious too that I was not there! : )