12.03.2008

Thank you! Thank you!



My first-ever award! Ever!

I would like to thank Amy for giving me this lovely award, although I'm sure the only reason she did is because I'm her friend. But that's okay too! So I'm assuming by following along that now it's my turn to tell you about some things that I love:

1. My little family. Bryan and I have been through so much together already, I feel like all the struggles we've faced has made our relationship stronger. People laugh when I tell them I married him only because he can make me laugh - but it's totally the truth. We were friends before anything else, and I think that is always important. And there are just no words to describe Gracie and what she means to me. I think I've expressed much of that here, or at least I hope I have.

2. God. There is no way to describe the feeling of that love and what He gave for us. So much of how I learned about that love was when I became Gracie's mother, and I could understand how you would lay your own life on the line for your children. There is nothing better than knowing that there is always someone there with me to hold my hand, to hold me up, and to wrap me in His loving arms that the love of Christ.

3. Music. I could go on and on about this and why I love it, but it's not something that can be explained easily unless you have that same passion. I have always loved singing. I believe it was one of the most important gifts that God blessed me with, and I want to use that to spread the gospel to others. But there is something in a song that tells a story or sends a message, and when you connect with that message...Wow. That's about the best way I can describe it!

4. Popcorn. Maybe not Amy's lime and salt (ew!!) but popcorn. Just, in general. I could eat it all day long if I would let myself. I eat at least 3-4 bags a week. If we go out to dinner and then to a movie, I will STILL order a large popcorn - even if I end up taking it home with me. I don't know why exactly, but it's the best thing since white bread. Yum. And I just had a bag if you were wondering.

5. Bring the Rain. I might be stealing this from Amy, but she and I have had many a conversation about this blog. We even had a phone chain (ok, just the two of us) going when Audrey was born. It takes someone with very strong faith to share their story in the way that Angie has done, sharing intimate feelings so openly on her blog. But I don't know of any other blog I can go to that I can come away with some kind of perspective on anything. Her storytelling is absolutely amazing, and how she applies it to Christ or just to Bible stories is wonderful. I heart this blog, too, Amy!

6. Other fellow blog sites like Confessions of a CF Husband. The fact that Gwyneth is cute as a button aside, Nate and Tricia (like Angie) have opened their lives up to help others. I knew a little bit about cystic fibrosis before finding this bog, but am so much more appreciative after hearing Tricia's story - and the way Nate shares their day to day life.

7. Friends. I am blessed to call some of the best people in the world my friends. They have been there for me repeatedly, and I just feel so lucky to have them in my life.

8. My church family. Some of these people have become extended family, and I do not know of a better group of people when you need prayer or just someone to lean on. They are THE best.

9. Olive Garden.

10. Jeff Dunham. The language is a little much, but if you can get past that - some of his skits are hysterical.

2 comments:

Wade's World said...

We really should thank all the little people who helped us on our way to bloggy awards....

Unknown said...

Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Miranda, happy birthday to you!!!!

Granmama comes home late tonight!! YEA!!!!