1.15.2009

Hello, "Pregnant & Crazy" Calling!

I work with a lady named Debbie at Winn-Dixie. Debbie and I are very, very good friends and she lives to laugh. Not loves to laugh - lives. Anyway, I picked up the phone this morning to call her and ask a quick favor. What follows is our conversation - her responses are in italics, mine are not.

**phone ringing, click to answer**

"Hello?"

"You know what you should do?"

"What's that?"

"You should come to work early enough, get my debit card, and I will buy you a vanilla milk shake if you'll get me a Cherry Limeade Slush."

"Okay."

"Really? I mean, I'll buy the vanilla milkshake since you're using your gas to get me my slush."

"Okay. No problem."

"Really? That's so great! Hey listen, though, just make sure it's a slush - Kayla messed up yesterday and it wasn't a slush."

"Really? What was it?"

"A regular limeade."

"Oh, okay. Hey, is this Kim?"

**awkward silence**

"Uh, no...is this Debbie?"

"No it's not, I'm sorry. You've got the wrong number."

Needless to say, the person on the other end of the line was NOT my Debbie. And she just carried on the conversation like any normal person! She even sounded like Debbie! When I realized I'd dialed a 1 instead of a 5 for Debbie's number and called to tell HER what I'd done, the laughter that erupted from her end of the line caused me to laugh at my own ignorance.

Debbie's advice? "Just call the woman back and tell her you're pregant and crazy!"

I think she's already figured out the last part of that statement!!

1 comments:

Wade's World said...

Too funny! The best part is when you told her that Kayla had messed your order up the day before and she got all concerned about what you had gotten instead of a slush. Hilarious! I thought stuff like that only happened to me!

Hey, if you want, you can give me your debit card and I will run to Sonic for you. I totally prefer a Coke with extra, extra vanilla though!