1.17.2009

Highs&Lows of Pregnancy (Cravings)

You know, any normal person with a healthy appetite can deal with hunger. A pregnant woman on the other hand? Notsomuch. From about a week after the pregnancy was confirmed, I've had this hunger that will not go away. I mean, usually it does after a good meal - but that's only sometimes. For the most part, I am generally hungry (please don't confuse this with starving!) for almost all day. Until dinner time, which is another story.
Some of my recent cravings:
McDonald's french fries. And I don't do McDonald's. EVER!
Pickles. Especially the ones at Firehouse Subs
Cherry Limeade Slushs from Sonic
Peppermint Chocolate Chip Milkshakes from Chick-Fil-A
Butterfinger Hearts
Orange Creamslush from Sonic
Honey Chicken and Fried Rice
Cherry Candy - like sour cherry balls or cherry Laffy Taffy

Okay so some of those are pretty random and only the beginning...this pregnancy seems to be unfolding much like Gracie's, in that there is NO morning sickness (sorry for those of you who dealt with it) only a tendency to feel kind of blah and sickly at dinner time. Hence the need to eat at Cracker Barrel repeatedly over the last few weeks - they just don't seem as greasy as regular restaurants, not everything is fried, and they have a good selection of veggies. Honey carrots. Yum!

My only aversions seem to be strawberries (it was tomatoes with Gracie) and Mexican food (also one with Gracie).

When I was pregnant with Gracie I craved a lot of bitter/tart candies and fruit like fresh pineapple. I also had a think for Sonic Cheese sticks, but only for a period. The last three months with Gracie, just about any carb I could put in my mouth tasted heavenly. And I've noticed for both pregnancies that popcorn - one of my food crushes - is just not the same.

I have mentioned to several people that I "feel" this baby is a girl. Mainly because of the similarities in the pregnancies. While I would like another girl, I am not against a boy in any way. I'm just going on my own feelings about the pregnancy. Anybody want to take a guess - based on their own cravings with their children - as to what the gender of Baby Nelson will be? We will find out towards the end of March/beginning of April I believe.

4 comments:

Wade's World said...

I'm thinking boy, but you knew I was going to say that :)

beverlybygrace said...

I was sick with all 3 of my babies. Did not want food. Thanks for visiting my blog today.

Carolyn Wolfe said...

I just got to a place where I actually want to eat daily. However, I cannot stand chicken, turkey or eggs and certain pork products. Mexican food is a no no.
But, I can eat dairy like there is no tomorrow and ORANGES!!! I can't get enough!

Unknown said...

We both know it's a girl...not that we would love a boy any less, but ....it's a girl!!