10.25.2009

James' 2-Month Check Up and More!

So I am totally slacking in the post department! I was doing good on maternity leave to try and update every day and then I went back to work October 15 and the bottom fell out!
Anyway, James' 2 month check up was on October 20th and here is his info (compared to Gracie's):

James' Stats:
Height: 24 3/4 inches
Weight: 13 lbs, 14 oz

Gracie's Stats:
Height: 23 inches
Weight: 12 lbs, 5 oz

So by month two he has already outgrown his big sister!

Speaking of his big sister, her fourth (OMG) birthday is coming up on November 4th! It's going to be at the local YMCA, and I've already met with the catering company who works with the Y for these parties and Gracie is getting a Cinderella cake that will look somewhat like one of these cakes.

I was telling Bryan last night I can't believe how big she is now! I had her in my lap last night and I remember when, like James now, her whole body fit on one of my arms. Like the length from my elbow to my fingertips was how long she was. Now she can physically wrap both arms and legs around me! And she's so big! When I look at her, I'm just amazed to know she was as small as her brother once. I think she has grown several inches in the past year, too.

James is still continuing to babble, coo, and smile at us. He is enjoying daycare and his teachers all rave about how good a baby he is. That makes me happy to hear! He is also enjoying his night time bath, and he splashed so much the other night Bryan had to mop it up with a towel. But he loves his bath time! He's just like his big sister in that area!

Other than Gracie's birthday, we do have Halloween coming up. I almost posted pictures of their costumes the other day and decided against it - you'll have to wait and see! Gracie and I put James in his costume the other night and laughed hysterically for a good bit before taking it back off! Can you guess what he's going to be? If you already know, don't give it away....

Come to think of it, I may have posted about it a few weeks ago! Hhmmm..we'll see!

0 comments: