1.03.2010

Baby James' dedication

I can't believe I'm saying this, but these are photos from James' dedication last year. That just sounds so strange.

Anyway, it was at our church on December 27th, and we had a whole pew full of family who came out to witness it. My favorite part of the baby dedications at our church done by our sweet, wonderful pastor are when he takes the child from the parents and walks down the middle aisle of the church. It's as if he's not only showing the baby off to the congregation as he talks, but letting the baby sort of "meet" or be introduced to the congregation. Although James is a familiar and very loved baby at our church.

I know that this simple act also means a lot of Brother Bruce, and did this particular Sunday because he had a minor accident over the holidays and injured his knee - so he was afraid he might not be able to carry James down the aisle. Thankfully, he was able to. And we were also blessed to have Lori Mercer with us to photograph the event!
(I promise to post more photos when I receive my disk from her).



0 comments: