4.10.2008

Germs Be Gone!

Okay, so remember how in my "I've Been Tagged" post, we discussed how much of a germophobe I can be?
Guess whose 2-year-old daughter decided that today would be a fun day to get sick?

If you guess Gracie, you would be right!

When I picked her up from the babysitter's house today, first off she had her pacifier in her mouth. For those of you anti-pacifier folks, save me the trouble of lecturing me, okay? Gracie typically only still gets her pacifier at nap time and bedtime and then it is
immediately taken away. So that was clue #1 that something was wrong. Chelcey said Gracie acted all afternoon as if she wasn't feeling well, but took a good nap. I asked about lunch. Not too great. When I reached down to pick her up, I could literally feel the heat from the fever just from underneath her arms. Her head was on fire.
In my normal panic mode, I would have blasted her for not calling me at work but in a sense it was actually better because I would've left work. And that costs money. So I called the pediatrician from her house and they told me to bring her in.

Rewind a bit.....Chelcey's son, Phoenix, was diagnosed with strep throat last Thursday after a nasty cough had lingered since Monday. He showed no signs of fever, and only when he complained of an earache did Chelcey call the pediatrician.

So guess who has strep throat now? Again, I'm not dogging my babysitter because she is by all accounts wonderful.....and I can handle strep throat better than anything else that can possibly be thrown at me.
However, my plans to make cookies tonight have been foiled by a somewhat whiny and very hot 2-year-old whose only comfort right now is her Mommy.

And I would be lying through my teeth if I said that the fact that ALL she wants is me is not THE best feeling in the world. So I'm off to watch my baby make a mess with her popsicle and I'll be posting more fun things tomorrow!

1 comments:

Wade's World said...

I hope Gracie feels better soon!