4.30.2008

Forever thankful

You know, Amy and I typically seem to call each other whenever Angie updates her blog about Audrey. Today when I called Amy I was actually calling to follow up on Jackson, who apparently has had the misfortune of coming down with a fever virus. I know it's no fun when Gracie is sick, so I can definitely empathize with Amy. And pray for the Wades please, because while Amy and Jeremy will be out of town this weekend for a work-related conference, Amy's mom will be caring for Jackson. And take it from someone who knows - it's hard to be away from your kids, especially when they aren't feeling well.

And I am getting off the real subject of my post....anyway, when I got Amy on the phone and found out Jackson was doing somewhat better this morning, I mentioned Angie's most recent post on her blog simply called"Tilted".

Amy and I are forever amazed at how women like Angie Smith or even Rachael can cope with such a devastating loss and continue to have faith in a God who in some ways others might consider He had betrayed them. Or not come through on something when he could have. Couldn't he have spared Audrey and let her little life last more than 2 1/2 hours after her birth? Yes, he could have performed a miracle. And in their hearts, Todd and Angie both know that.

And in Rachael's case, Hannah's life could have been spared as well. If you haven't followed her blog, Rachael and her family are approaching the one year anniversary of losing 5-year-old Hannah to a drowning accident.

That's not even the end of it! Thousands of families all over the world are robbed of children who, like Audrey, may not have lived long after being born. Or in Hannah's case, lives that seemed cut short by a devastating accident or in other cases a terminal illness.

Amy and I talked for a few minutes about Angie's continued faith in a God who might not have performed his miracle in Audrey, but is using her 2 1/2 hours of life to change the world. I know Audrey's story, having never known her at all, has impacted my own life. Amy mentioned sitting on the couch watching TV while Jackson was playing on the floor, and feeling almost selfish and ashamed when someone else like Rachael or Angie is grieving for a child taken too soon.

I am without a doubt certain that God is faithful, but I am amazed even in these storms that others who believe in Him can continue to have faith and not doubt that He is there. That He still loves and cares for them. I am forever grateful to the God who has blessed me with this wonderful little being I call my daughter. I am grateful for so much more than that, but it is through the heartache of mothers who have lost that I continue to praise Him on a daIly basis for the child he has brought into my life. Words cannot possibly express the joy I have as a mother to watch her in wonder everyday, doing whatever it is that she does. She is so sweet to me telling me "I love you SO much", and then so funny at the same time that sometimes she has me in stitches.

Amy just called me to inform me that Jackson has a SEVERE case of strep, so they will not be at church.

That's all I have for right now.

And for my mom and father-in-law, I have two of the best videos in the world!!:
Enjoy these and leave me comments!

Gracie singing Jesus Loves Me

Gracie singing the Barney theme song!

2 comments:

Mom to the 3rd degree said...

She has gotten so big! I remember in the church nursery she us to cry for almost everybody, except Chris. I remember that she would just laugh at him, it was so funny! Love the videos

Agnes CF Lee said...

My daughters enjoyed watching the videos, you've got nice songs on your blog too..:)