7.19.2008

Gulf Shores: Day 3 (Tuesday)

Okay, so Tuesday was not nearly as exciting (for Gracie) as it was for the rest of us. We woke up that morning and went back to the beach, but Gracie was not having the sand/salt water that morning. So she and I went back across the street to the pool at the condo complex. and had some fun before we went back to the condo for some ice cream.

I had told my mom Tuesday morning that I really wanted to try one of the seafood restaurants in the area, and all the free magazines we had picked up had very high reviews and recommendations about De Soto's Seafood Kitchen, which was actually located right behind Souvenir City - we could have walked to it in five minutes from the condo.
While the wait seemed a little long, we were glad to finally get inside and out of the hot sun. Our waitress was kind enough to bring some sweet tea to our table, and my mom decided to try the sweet potato fries and stuffed mushrooms. I will say the stuffed mushrooms were okay, as I'm not a big fan of mushrooms unless they are in spaghetti. The sweet potato fries, on the other hand, were absolutely terrible - to me.
When our meal finally came, I was pretty satisfied with everything. I had green beans, fried shrimp, and french fries. The shrimp was awesome although I'm not picky when it comes to shrimp! The fries could have been a little hotter, but what I paid for our lunches was reasonable. I doubt that I would visit De Soto's a second time, but it was not the worst restaurant I've ever been to!

After lunch, we decided to hit the Tanger Outlet Malls in Foley. Mom had found a little free tourist magazine that offered a coupon for a free booklet of coupons from the Outlet Mall (sidenote - they didn't have coupons for ANY of the stores I shopped at!). However, when we were on our way to one of the stores the girls wanted to check out, an employee passed us and told us that Children's Place had a sale on tops for $1.99 and bottoms for $2.99. Everything else in the store was 30-50% off. Needless to say, with Gracie's preschool days getting closer I decided to stock up on new clothes for school. I spent $40.00 on several tops (and also went back Wednesday for more, and to get some cute shirts for Jackson!).

When we left the outlet mall, we went back to the condo and I cooked spaghetti for dinner. I wanted to go swimming but was outnumbered by the "no" votes, and just refused to go alone. So around 11:00 that evening, we called it a night and decided to go swimming Wednesday morning before we packed up to leave.
Some pictures of Gracie on some of the rides at Tanger Outlet Mall:

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I have given you a blog award. Go by my site to pick it up!!!