7.16.2008

Gulf Shores:Day 1 (Sunday)

So we packed up Saturday night to head off to our vacation in Gulf Shores. My aunt Martha and uncle Ricky have a condo right on the beach, and were kind enough to let us borrow it for our vacation. Having never stayed in a condo, it is absolutely awesome. Kind of like an apartment only somewhat nicer, alot pricier, but in an awesome location (on the beachfront).

So after we packed up Saturday night/Sunday morning, Gracie and I headed off to church (it was my last Sunday to teach second grade children's church). I had a fun time in children's church, my boat craft was a huge success (we were learning about Jesus calming the storm). Which was a funny topic with my second graders, because it had stormed all weekend!

Anyway, we left around naptime and stopped by Wendy's for lunch. I think we got to Gulf Shores sometime around three that afternoon, and trust me - it rained on us the entire. way. there. It even started thundering when we finally hit the Foley/Gulf Shores area, and was still cloudy when we got the van unpacked before making a quick run across the street so Gracie could have her first ever beach experience.

Gracie (with Mawmaw) makes her way across the street to the beach.

"Favorite Aunt" Tina helps Gracie take off her shoes so she can feel the cool sand between her toes.

Posing for a beach and sand shot.

Enjoying the feel of the sand between her toes!

Her first ever "testing out the water" experience with Kayla (left) and Tina (right).

Okay so after the quick jet to the beach, Mom and I headed off to Wal-mart to buy groceries for the next few days and then it was back to the condo for bed! While we were gone, Tina and Kayla took Gracie to the pool (another perk of being at the condo!) and she had a blast. We had dinner that night at the condo and then drifted off to dream land!
I'll post about Monday's events sometime tomorrow!

2 comments:

Wade's World said...

I love beach pics. They are so cute!

Oh, and once again, thanks for the gifts for Jackson. He wore his sleeveless shirt today and was oh, so cute for school!

Post more pics later if you can!!

Unknown said...

Those are adorable!!! Gracie is such a little doll, anyway!! Glad yall had a great time. I am ready for another beach trip too!!