3.31.2009

Exciting trips to the dentist

Sorry for the lack of posts. I have no excuses. I am a lazy, pregnant hormonal mess and that just about sums it up. I have made a habit of falling asleep when I put Gracie to bed so my time to myself (read: blogging and surfing the net) is cut short.

And besides that, my blog updates are not nearly as life changing as Amy Wade's potato video but thanks anyway to the four devoted readers who check my blog for updates.

I see that most of you voted for a boy, and we will find out which of you is right tomorrow afternoon. It will probably be Thursday afternoon before I can post the news, due to Sacrifice rehearsals tonight and tomorrow. For those of you who live in our area (and don't go to our church and already know about the Sacrifice) you should come and check it out this weekend!

Gracie had her first trip to the dentist today. I have been absolutely a nervous wreck (when am I not?) because the clinic she would be going to does NOT allow parents to go back with the children. So I'm expecting the worst and of course, my child opts to prove me wrong. She cries a few times off and on on the way to the dentist and then whines when the lady comes out to take her back. But somehow the words "stickers" and "bouncy ball" work their magic and my daughter is ripped from my arms by a complete stranger.

She survived, I survived, and I dropped her off at preschool about an hour later. Like I said, not nearly as exciting as Amy's video discovering of the new "life changing" potato peeling method. But still.

2 comments:

Wade's World said...

Not much can compare with the excitement of the life changing potato video, but I'm glad Gracie's first trip to the dentist went well.

Mom to the 3rd degree said...

I'm glad it went well. Our dentist doesn't allow parents back either, and out here the kids have to start going at age 1! Alone! It's no fun! I can't wait to find out what your having! Hope you get some good pictures tomorrow!