4.05.2009

The verdict is in!

First of all, let me apologize several times for not posting the news sooner. Something is going on with my computer and apparently, although my "cookies" are enabled, it will not allow me to log into my own blog or to the blog that the McCrory's have. I can see all the blogs I normally visit so I'm uncertain as to what the problem is.

Anyway, all that aside since I finally somehow managed to log in and get this post up. I noticed that six of you voted that I was having a boy, and only four of you voted for a girl. Well all those who guessed we were expecting a baby boy - YOU WERE RIGHT!!!

We had it confirmed on April 1st (of all days) after being told at my March appointment that (from the looks of things) it was a very high possibility that I was carrying a baby boy.

We have already decided on a name for him, even before the ultrasound confirmed what we had already suspected. James is a family name on both sides. My grandfather's first name is James and Bryan had an uncle (who was called Jimmy as a nickname) who passed away from an aneurism when his mom was younger. After we found out in March that it might be a boy, I met Karen at church to ask her permission for us to use Eddie's first name (Edward) as our baby boy's middle name. She was very touched and told me how sweet it was of us to do that, and how honored she was. I told her again something that I had shared with her at the hospital, when things started to take a turn for the worse: Eddie meant alot to me. I know he meant so much to so many and we all still miss him terribly. In the two short years I had known him, he was a great and wonderful friend and a strong Christian presence in my life.

I apologize for taking the tone of my blog in a whole other direction, but I wanted to share that here. Noel (a friend from church) and I have spent a lot of time during the last few days remembering Eddie and talking about him. I think this is the first time I've openly talked with anyone about Eddie (even Karen) since his death in September.

So James Edward it is, and he is due August 15th as of now. We are very, VERY excited and I had tons of fun yesterday starting my baby registry at Target. It was a real change from shopping for frilly dresses and cute hair bows, but I found myself experiencing the welcome change. I am nervous as to where this path with this new baby will take us, all things considered. I am uncertain how to handle mothering a little boy although from what I hear they can steal your heart. Want to know a little secret? He's not even here yet and he has already stolen my heart.

3 comments:

McCrory Family said...

You will be so great with a little boy! I know he will be just as adorable as Gracie. I also love his name and the sweet meanings behind it. I'll send you another invitation to view our blog, maybe that will fix things. Congratulations again!!

Unknown said...

He has already stolen my heart too, and I haven't even met him yet either....I love James Edward....cute, cute name!!

Wade's World said...

I'm so excited that you're having a little boy, but you have to have James Edward on 8/14 because that's Jackson's birthday.!

No pressure or anything!!!