4.21.2009

Baby James News

Okay so remember that ultrasound appointment I mentioned in my post about Stellan and Easter?

Well that was today. And I know I promised ultrasound pictures, but since my computer hates me (read:apparently I can't operate a scanner!) I'll have to update with those later.

Anyway, so I went to this appointment already a little nervous because they had not been able to get a good picture of Baby James' heart. His heart has been causing a lot of trouble since he was conceived, meaning that each time I went to an appointment and they used the small hand-held machine they could not find his heartbeat. And each time an ultrasound was ordered to confirm that his heart was okay. And every single time, they have found his heart beat. Apparently this child is going to be my stubborn baby!

So she locates his heart today and spends about (what feels like) an eternity taking shots of it. When she gets quiet, I start to (inwardly) freak out and ask if everything is okay. Yes, she assures me, she just likes to get as much of the heart as possible. From her end, everything looks okay - nothing stands out to her.

But we got a handlful of more pictures (including one of what the ultrasound tech nicknamed "his baby stuff" and some good shots of his head/face. She said he weighs one pound but I don't remember how many ounces she said.

And with this ultrasound, there will (hopefully) be no more unless we do the 4D Ultrasound. That one is still kind of up in the air but I promise to keep you posted.

And because I know how much you love her and how this blog started because of her, I thought I'd share some more humorous Gracie updates. Her initial reaction when we found out I "might" be carrying a boy was not what I expected. There were tears - and almost a tantrum - because she wanted a baby sister. Since finding out that Baby James is a he and not a she, she will tell most people when asked that "SHE is having a boy" or "she's getting a baby brother" and that she "didn't WANT a baby sister."
I am very excited about the arrival of our newest family member. I know it is a few months away, still, but I'm getting more and more excited. I have nicknamed him the Karate Kid because typically the only time I know he's awake is when I'm being kicked. And that's really ALL he does when he's awake!
I am concerned on some level of how his arrival will effect Gracie. She has been my we-do-everything buddy since she was born. We go shopping together, we snuggle before bedtime, and we've had three wonderful years to spend together. So I'm concerned about neglecting her (not intentionally) and also not being able to spend as much time with her. I'm trying to be realistic and come up with ways that maybe she and I can do things together while Baby James is at home with Daddy. Or maybe she'll be a bigger help to me than I think!

1 comments:

Nana said...

Gracie will do fine when her little peanut makes his arrival. She's a big girl, and I know she's going to love her new role of baby James' big sister!!!