4.16.2009

Stellan and Easter

Prayers for Stellan


Have you had the opportunity to visit MckMama's blog and fall in love with this little cutie? Some of the pictures of this little trooper bring a quick smile to my face. I have been a follower of MckMama and her MSC since just before Stellan's birth. The same Stellan, MckMama was told, who would not live outside of the womb because of a condition called SVT. If you click on the above picture, it will take you to MckMama's blog. As of today, they have arrived in Boston so that Stellan will be prepared for an ablation next week. This sweet baby boy has struggled and fought the last few months, his family by his side and thousands of people across the world praying for him.
I know that MckMama's desire was to hold off until Stellan was older (maybe a toddler) and he was bigger and his heart was stronger. Apparently, waiting is no longer an option as they have arrived in Boston sometime last night or today for the procedure. Please pray for peace for everyone involved in this little guy's life, and knowledge for the doctors. Pray for patience for MckMama, although I don't really think she needs it. She believes in God and knows that he has his hand in this. He has from the beginning. Please keep Stellan and his family in your prayers, as I have been doing the last several weeks.

The handful of photos below are of Gracie from Easter Sunday. We went to church first thing that morning, and since evening services were cancelled in celebration of the holiday, I decided to cook Easter dinner that evening. Bryan's mom and sister came to see us late that afternoon and his mom stayed to have dinner with us. It was a very nice visit and the food was wonderful - if I do say so myself!





In Baby James news, I know I have not posted the ultrasound pictures from when we found out he was a boy. BUT I have to go back April 30th for another ultrasound so I will hopefully post those. I can't get our scanner to cooperate and I have not had a chance or thought to mention it to Bryan to see if he can fix it. I have had a lot of ultrasounds with this pregnancy for a number of reasons - the first few times it was because my doctor could not locate James' heart beat. When I expressed my concern he said as long as they could locate the heart beat on the ultrasounds (which they successfully did every time) that there was no need for concern.
The ultrasound on April 30th is for the same reason - when the ultrasound was done April 1st, we got good marks on everything the ultrasound tech was looking at - size of the baby, organs, heart beat, etc. The only issue was because he was laying a certain way, when she tried to look at all four chambers of his heart she kept getting the shadow of his spine in the way. So as far as I know, they will just be looking closely at his heart on April 30th. Not that I'm complaining about having extra ultrasounds, but please pray that the ultrasound tech will see what she needs to.
The doctor did tell me at my last appointment that I could expect more movement over the next few weeks (meaning since my last appointment) and boy, have I! James seems to kick whenever I eat something sweet and I don't know if he's telling me he likes it or he's getting hyper! He has been kicking me even as I type this post out. Want to hear something even sweeter than that? When I put my hand on my belly to see if I can feel his movement outside my belly yet, Gracie will ask me what I'm doing.
I have explained several times about James getting bigger, and told her stories about how she kicked me when she was in my tummy-and she has started to scold James for kicking me. She gets down level with my stomach and says,"Baby James, I love you but-STOP kicking my Mama!"
Absolutely priceless.

1 comments:

Wade's World said...

Gracie is too cute!