8.21.2008

Unanswered Prayers

I have something on my mind that I want to share with my friends in the blogosphere. You know how sometimes when something seems terrible in your life, maybe whatever the circumstances are, when you don't have "that" relationship you question why God would bring people into your life just to take them out?

When we moved from Virginia back to Alabama, we had to live with my Granny and Pawpaw the first year we were here. There were a handful of families in her neighborhood with teenagers around my age, and one of them was Jason Ray. Only Jason was older. He was twenty-one and was interested in dating me.
Being new to this whole experience, I kind of enjoyed being taken care of - taken out to nice restaurants, someone buying me flowers, and I got to experience my first ever prom with a real, live boyfriend. One of those sappy high school stories I'm sure every girl my age (I was seventeen) dreams about. Plus, there was that "he's older" factor too.
I am almost certain that somewhere, I still have some of the letters he wrote me that went home with me each night we left each other's company.

I won't get into the details about why or under what circumstances our relationship ended eight short months after it began, because in all honesty that is not what this post is about. This post is about the absolute shocker I suffered after learning that my very first boyfriend has been battling stage 4 cancer.

I am literally speechless. I feel like I need to do something, and yet...I am not certain as to what. It just breaks my heart for him and his family, because he has been and always will be a wonderful man in my eyes. I am thankful to God for the time we did know each other and spend together, and I am grateful that I shared many firsts (first prom, first kiss, first serious relationship) with him. Please pray with me for his family, he and his wife Angie have two young daughters.

0 comments: