10.07.2008

Fair-ly well.

Hey guys!
Sorry for the lack of posts....we've been busy. I just got home from spending half the day in Montgomery. After a doctor's appointment (fun) for some routine stuff, I got to do some "Mommy" shopping which meant buying a new purse at TJ Maxx, and then spending forty-five minutes in a grocery store by myself. Not just any grocery store, but the gourmet of grocery stores....Fresh Market. I kid you not, as an avid lover of cooking they have some of the neatest things in that store. I love Fiji bottled water, but only buy one bottle out there because it's too expensive by the case. Then I found this piece of chocolate for Gracie that is shaped like a fish. I also bought her something called "smushed fruit" which actually looks like a cross between fruit leather and a fruit roll up. I could spend all day in that store!
Then I got the pleasure of having lunch with Karen (Eddie's wife) at Chappy's Deli. To steal a phrase from my daughter, it was "Yum to my tum."
And speaking of my little girl....

We took Gracie to the fair last night. And what a treat for Gracie that her bestest buddy from preschool got to meet us there! Gracie talks about Maggie almost as much as she talks about Mason (her "BOY"friend) and they were absolutely thrilled to get the chance to ride fun rides and hold hands while we wandered around the Alabama National Fair. And Maggie's baby brother, Joseph, got to come along for the fun! (Holding him the few times I did has caused me to experience some serious baby fever!!).

Now for the pictures of fun....

Maggie and Gracie getting on one of the rides...it is pretty stationary, but it does go up in the air at one point (we expected both girls to scream, however, they did not.

Maggie was all set to ride the cars after the other two rides were over, so they had fun pretending to drive around in a circle.

Gracie giving Maggie a hug before the circus started. We only lasted halfway through it because when the clown's car backfired, it scared Maggie to death. So we decided to head for the train ride a little earlier than anticipated.

Baby Joseph. Is he not the cutest thing ever? Baby fever, folks....

Maggie loves to go to the livestock exhibit, so when we caught up with her family after a quick bathroom break, Maggie and Gracie were both thrilled to pet the baby duckies.

And speaking of the circus reminds me of something.....Gracie's upcoming circus themed birthday party! (These pics are for you, Mrs. Leigh!!)
These are pictures of Gracie in her circus party dress:

1 comments:

Unknown said...

absolutely adorable!! Glad yall had fun at the fair!! Gracie looks like she had a ball!