10.01.2008

Praise Him

I miss Eddie. I miss him in the most unusual times, or even when he crosses my mind for no apparent reason at all. Like yesterday, when I was on my way out to help Karen clean out her kitchen cabinets. That bright sunshine was so unreal I kept thinking....I haven't seen sun that bright in ages. Maybe that's just Eddie, smiling from ear to ear because he's up there hanging out with Jesus. They're probably still talking about Alabama kickin' Georgia's butt. Does Jesus really talk about football?

ANYWAY....LoL

Yesterday was hard. It was hard for Karen, and I struggled and felt myself slip from time to time. But we managed to survive yesterday.

It is so nice to work at a job where I am constantly harrassed, and I mean that in a totally good way. But I constantly have to remind myself that while I'm thanking God for a day like today - where even though we are short handed, work has been pretty mellow and fun - I need to thank him for days like yesterday too.

Eddie was a good friend and I'm sure Karen would say a wonderful husband, and while losing him has made me question some things about my own faith, I need to be thankful to God for blessing me with someone like Eddie in my life. Just because Eddie is not physically here, doesn't mean I can't still keep his memory alive. And that's important to me, as well as to everybody else who knows him. So while we continue to struggle with this sudden loss, I want to ask the rest of you a question:

If you praise God for all the good things/times in your life, do you remember to praise him even through the times you might struggle?

2 comments:

Wade's World said...

As hard as I try I do struggle with praising God over the little things when it seems like life is getting tough. I guess I need to work on that...

Big Junior said...

It's funny, but I have more trouble praising Him in the good times. I guess I'm so used to the storms that I forget to thank Him in the sun.