10.28.2008

Monkeywrenched

I should have known.

I should have known that for all my detailed planning in my last post, and how easily my morning errands went that something was just not right.

I had been to Target, to Wal-mart, and even treated myself to a Chik-Fil-A biscuit after dropping Gracie off at school this morning.

Kayla was coming to help me clean house for the party Saturday, and she arrived right at 10:30 and we got to work.

So at 11:30 when the phone rang, I didn't think anything about answering.

It was Gracie's school. She was running a fever. Could I come and get her?

Absolutely miserable does not even begin to describe my feverish daughter with her 101.9 fever.

A strep test, a chest x-ray, a blood cell count and two and a half hours later we are back from the doctor's office with an antiobiotic for a double ear infection.

Hey! On the bright side, at least it's nothing contagious! We'll probably let her stay home with Daddy tomorrow, go to our church festival tomorrow night, and then back to school on Thursday.

0 comments: