10.27.2008

More updates to come...

Hey folks! I'm not avoiding my blog, I promise. I also promise that the next week will undoubtedly be full of picture taking fun. Let this post set the example for more to come! Here's what our schedule looks like this week:
Wednesday Night
Halloween/Fall Festival Fun @ Church; we dine on hamburgers and hotdogs, free of charge, as long as we bring a bag of candy so the children can trick or treat around the dinner tables. We have some other activities planned for our 4&5 year old Mission Friends class that includes making homemade S'mores! Yum!
Thursday Night
Downtown P'ville does their annual Halloween candy hand out, and then we will be heading over to First Baptist Church in Prattville for their Fall Fest. Maggie and her mom will be accompanying us on this excursion.
Friday Night
A double date with me, Bryan, Brooke, Ryan and we'll be taking Gracie and Mason to Zoo Boo for the night! Dinner will probably be at Chick-Fil-A just because it's all about the kids tonight!
Saturday Afternoon
Gracie's Birthday Party! Did you get your invitation?

And as far as tonight went....

I'd like to share this recipe that shall remain nameless. It was given to me by Tracy @ work. I made my own adjustments, and that is what I will be posting here:
1 lb. rotini pasta
1 lb. thawed shrimp (previously frozen)
2 dashes McCormick Roasted Garlic/Bell Pepper seasoning
4 pieces of bacon, cooked and chopped
one bundle of green onions, chopped
5 oz shredded parmesan cheese
1 pint heavy whipping cream
1/2-3/4 cup country crock spread
2 tbsp corn starch
1/4 cup shredded monterrey jack cheese

Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside. Using the same pot, cook the butter until foamy and then add seasoning blend, bacon, and green onion. Cook two minutes and then add heavy cream and both cheeses. Cook for four minutes at a low boil. Add shrimp and cornstarch. Cook 5-10 minutes longer if needed. And pasta and toss.
Next time I will probably use more cheese and less cream, but the bacon and onion gave this dish an AWESOME amount of flavor without a need for extra salt or pepper. We had garlic crescent rolls to go with it.


And ever since we took Gracie and Maggie to the fair, I've been dying to get my hands on a caramel apple. Bryan and I have bought two packages of the already made apples (you usually find them in the produce department) and much to our dismay, both times the apples have been rotten. So today I noticed that apples AND caramels were on sale. I bought three apples and the caramels, and just did them at home. It was much easier than I thought! Bryan devoured his, and I cut half of Gracie's into smaller pieces for her. I ended up eating the other half of hers (shown in the picture) and saving the third one. I am glad I decided to do caramel apple SLICES for Gracie's party, I think they'll actually turn out good.


So now that I've shared my yummy dinner goodness, I am off to bed! I have a long day of house cleaning ahead since we won't be home the rest of the nights this week to prepare for the party. If I don't post before then, see y'all at the party!

0 comments: