6.26.2008

Bento Crazy!

Okay so this post is going to sound like a game of "Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon" for just a second. Have any of my loyal readers/working moms ever heard of a Bento Box? Well let me just tell you, with Gracie's preschool looming ahead of us in August, we have to take her lunch. And I think I found the coolest lunch box ever!

It started when I emailed the ladies of Working Moms Against Guilt to follow up their post about healthy summer snack ideas with some helpful lunch ideas for Gracie's preschool days. Much thanks to Tela for the post, who was also seeking help for her son O who has a nut allergy. One of the commenters linked to a website called Lunch in a Box, where I was first introduced to the Bento Box.

Apparently, it is a Japanese made creation that reinforces the food pyramid and the way you pack the food gives anyone (children in particular) an appealing, nutritious lunch. Don't believe me? Okay if the Lunch in a Box blog grosses you out due to the sushi stuff, check out this other Bento-packing mom at Wendelonia who packs more American cuisine into her preschooler's lunch box. What kid wouldn't take a look at that and want to dive in?

You can find Bento Boxes on various websites, some local and some not but the least expensive website I found was over at Ichiban Kan.

I will definitely keep you guys posted as to how it works out, and hopefully I can master the packing like these amazing moms already have!

0 comments: