6.19.2008

Food for Thought

I mentioned in my last post one of Rachael Ray's more disastrous recipes, but forgot to mention some of them I've managed to recreate with success. I wanted to share the following pictures and recipes I've made the last few days. One of them was a homemade blackberry cobbler, and while the berries were absolutely beautiful (see photos below) I was not impressed with the cobbler. But I'm used to old fashioned apple or peach cobbler, fruits that are sweet and juicy. This was extremely tart and runny, and Bryan and I just weren't happy with it. I don't remember where I got the googled recipe from, but I won't be trying it again for sure.

I've never bought blackberries, but aren't they beautiful?

Another shot.

Blackberries covered in granulated sugar.

This next recipe actually came a wesbite called Follow Your Bliss a website that Rachael shares with her mother and sister. Jessie, Rachael's sister, actually posted the recipe for theSteak Teriyaki but commented that she didn't have a chance to snap a quick picture. I don't know if her teriyaki sauce turned out as runny as mine, but I may try more cornstarch and cooking it in a pot on the stove. All that aside, Bryan and I absolutely loved the steak teriyaki and I might be re-creating it tonight using chicken tenderloins instead of steak. We served it with white rice and it was AWESOME!

Quick close up of steak teriyaki

Lip smacking good food!

And then last night, Kayla and I decided to make a recipe we'd seen on Rachael Ray Tuesday afternoon called "Deli Stuffed Eggwiches" that were - in a nutshell- Ab.So.Lute.ly WONDERFUL! We used Sara Lee Hearty White Bread, some black forest Ham and butter herb turkey, and swiss cheese. I used regular dijon mustard instead of grainy, and apricot preserves. Bryan didn't care much for the sauce but Kayla and I loved them!

Now that I've made myself hungry, it's time to find something to snack on before dinner!

0 comments: