12.08.2007

Happy Birfday to ME!

So my birthday was today, and while for the most part is was uneventful due to the impromptu birthday party my mom gave me last weekend, there was some fun stuff. Like the really nasty cupcakes my co-worker, Candy, bought me. Oh not once...but twice! Yes folks, they were nasty with a capital "N". "N"-e-way I still love her!
Then I got the total embarassment of them telling ANOTHER co-worker, who made an announcement over the intercom at work. Yes, I was embarassed.
Aside from that, Bryan and I had plans to have dinner with his mom (Nana Kay) at her house, and then for the three of us to take Gracie to see the Christmas Light Festival at the Montgomery Zoo. (FYI: The whole sitting on Santa's Lap thing? Yeah, didn't happen. There was, however, a TON of screaming, crying, and clinging to Mommy like a leech for your viewing pleasure!)


Gracie and me at home before the dinner with Nana Kay & zoo trip.


Gracie eating some of Mommy's "birt-day" cake (ok, half of a cupcake!)


Gracie standing next to one of the many lighted scenes at the zoo.



Me & Gracie at home after her bath (and yes, that IS a pacifier on the edge of the couch.)



Playing around.

So my birthday was a good one. I had some phone calls when I got home, from different people wanting to wish me a happy birthday. Gracie had a meltdown when we left Nana Kay at the zoo to come home. I think she was tired, and she's having attachment issues because Mawmaw isn't here. Although at dinner, she told Nana Kay that Mawmaw is in "Kuh-ear". I had to translate what that meant, of course.

I'm tired and it's been a long yet joyful day, so I think I'll call it a night.
PS - I miss my mom. :(

1 comments:

McCrory Family said...

Glad to hear your birthday went well!! I miss Gracie! Please tell her Mrs. Lyndsey and Claire say HEY!! :)