12.02.2007

Transitions

My mother left yesterday morning, around 7-ish. Gracie hasn't really noticed yet that she's gone, even asking me yesterday when Nana Kay took us to the Prattville Christmas parade if we were going to see Mawmaw. I said no, Mawmaw wasn't here and Nana Kay was taking us to the parade. She doesn't seem to notice yet, I'm sure there will be some confusion with my Granny being at her Mawmaw's house when we drop her off next week. We'll see how that goes.
She had a good day today in Sunday School without Miss Lindsey being there. She had a minor meltdown but then calmed down, and I was told that she was fine during the shift change for worship service. So maybe we're doing ok...My sister Christina just told me this afternoon that she had heard from my mother and she made it to Korea, and we have a number to contact her also.

This picture is the only one of Gracie from the Prattville Christmas parade. She sat with Aunt Tara most of the parade, until I had to get up and move around and I took her down to the curb to catch candy. We ended up filling her little Dora bag full! She really enjoyed the lights, not so much with the police and fire sirens. She LOVED the horses and Santa at the end of the parade.


This is a picture for my mom, who tried to discourage me from transitioning Gracie's bed right now. Bryan and I changed it Friday night when Gracie was at Nana Kay's, and last night went unusually well. I put her down around 8:45 (we got back late because of the parade) and she had her pacifier, blanket, and all her favorite toys.

This morning at 7:00 when I peeked in, she had ditched the blankets and had her little butt up in the air. She is napping right now without any problems (this picture was taken a few minutes ago), so I'm hoping this change will be a fairly easy one.

If the video below actually posts on the blog, I just posted it to share it. Josh Groban is one of my favorite musicians and for some reason this song has really been putting me in the Christmas mood. And Gracie seemed to enjoy the movie the night we had our "Tailgate" Party.

0 comments: