1.29.2008

Babysitters, Nice weather, Good drugs!

Wow, what a topic of conversation, huh?
Gracie spent her first "official" day with Mrs. Chelsey yesterday, and although there was some minor whining, whimpering, and clinging it was nothing like the all-out sobfests she normally has at Sunday School time. She actually didn'ty start crying until I picked her up, when she wailed, "I want my Mawmaw and my Tina!!!"
Of course we had to explain that Mawmaw is in Qatar, at work, which is funny to hear Gracie say because it almost comes out like "Kat-tar". Close enough, anyway.

We missed out on church Sunday because I wanted to spend the day with my mom, and to say it felt "weird" to be out and about all day is an understatement. I did go back for choir practice that afternoon, but I'm looking forward to getting back into the swing of things next weekend.

And on the good drug front, I have officially contracted the "I'd feel better if I died today" junk I call the crud. However, this kept me up all night with fever, chills, and chest pain and I was praying this morning that it wasn't pneumonia or the flu. Thankfully the doctor did x-rays and found no pneumonia, and Gracie was an angel when she had to sit with the receptionist while I had the x-rays done. Dr. Coady seems to think it is just a viral infection, but I told him that literally it felt like someone had attacked my head with a sledge hammer. He advised me to get some tylenol or motrin for my head and chest pain, but someone at work recommended a quicker solution in Goody Powder's new Cool Orange. Let me first state that I have never, ever, EVER been a fan of Goody powders and actually find them rather disgusting. Although this new orange flavor leaves a small after taste, it did the trick and my headache is gone!

In other news, Gracie kept me laughing this morning despite my chest pain, when I realized that my 2-year-old little girl was in her carseat singing, "Who let the dogs out? WHO WHO?" I have no clue where it came from, but what a laugh I had at her silly expense. And she kept me company and "held my hand" at the doctor's office, so I really can't complain. God has blessed me with one of the sweetest little girls on earth.

0 comments: