1.19.2008

We interrupt your regularly scheduled program....


BECAUSE IT'S SNOWING IN ALABAMA!!!

Though I realize that snow in Alabama is about as common as Simon Cowell paying someone a compliment on American Idol, I had to document this for future reference. I believe the last time it snowed in Alabama, we have home video of Kayla and Jessica (a few years old) playing in it. They are 18 now.

The statue that is usually in our front yard, but has been moved due to Christmas decor and still has not been put back.

The front yard, including my car, which had more snow on it before I came home from work on my lunch break

A wider shot of the backyard.

I was too cold to go outside, so I took the pictures from just inside the back door.

Our front yard again, with the big flakes falling.

I realize for people like my friend Susie, who lives just outside of Denver, Colorado, that snow is nothing to get excited about when it happens daily. However, it was exciting for me until we were swamped at work because the crazy people in Alabama buy all bread, milk, water, and fire logs any time we even get a tornado/hurricane watch. This time that included chips, lunch meat, and canned stuff.

Oh and after Gracie's bronchitis episode last Tuesday, we went back to see the doctor on Thursday and now we have an EAR INFECTION!!! Yay!!!

Probably won't post much this weekend, considering that we're trying to get moved into my mom's house. Oh and I am currently baking the cake recipe you can find on
Rachel's blog. We used blueberries and berry blue jello, and it smells heavenly.I will let you know how it turns out!

0 comments: