2.26.2008

One is Not a Negative Number

I know I mentioned in my previous post about Nancy's weekend visit that I am a member of an ezboard calling "Looking Good." Anyway, one of the girls who frequent that thread posted this interesting article in the Parenting thread.
It poses alot of interesting questions, and also has me nodding in agreement at some of the crazy antics this woman shares about her son - like keeping the pediatrician on speed dial and freaking out over minor illnesses.
It is comforting to know that the possibilty of only having one child is not a stigma that the child will be a total brat for the rest of his/her life.

If you are a parent, what do you think? Do you think you only want one child? Do you think only having one child makes you selfish? I'd love to hear your comments on this article.

1 comments:

Wade's World said...

I want two kids, but alot of that comes from being in a family with 2kids. In my mind..that's the perfect number, but I can't imagine looking down on a family with "only" one child.

For heavens sake, my only child takes 2 of us to keep up with him :)