2.24.2008

Weekend with Nancy!

Okay so for those of you who didn't know, this weekend marked a huge milestone in my life. Well, not exactly. Heh. When my mom was in the Air-Force, we were stationed in Hampton, Virginia for a few years. We moved there just before my seventh grade year of school, and I went to Benjamin Syms Middle School where I met my bestfriend of many years, Carolyn Hankins.
When Carolyn and I started ninth grade at Kecoughtan High School in Hampton, we met several new friends: Tiffany Sargent, Angela Novak, and Nancy Allen. We formed a close group with these girls and that lasted until I got devastating news the summer after our tenth grade year-they were sending my family to a base in Montgomery, Alabama. I was born in Alabama, and my mom's parents and siblings are all from the area. However, Virginia is the only place we've lived in longer than one or two years (it was actually bordering on four years, I believe) so I was devastated. And being a military brat, I was heartbroken to be leaving friends I'd known for quite some time.
Fast forward a few years when I gradually lost touch with all four girls and then found a home video of my "Going Away" video they had made for me. I managed to get the number to Nancy's parents home and get back in touch with her, and since then she, Tiffany, and I are members of an ezboard called Looking Good.
A few weeks ago, Nancy posted on the board about how her job was relocating her to New Orleans for two months. I quickly shot her an email, telling her that mapquest said it was only a four hour commute from New Orleans to Millbrook. What's funny is Nancy replied saying she had mapquested the locations too!
So we made arrangements and decided on this weekend, and around 11:30 Friday night, Nancy finally arrived. I told her and I will tell all of you that she has not changed. She has less freckles, but it is still the same 'ol Nancy that I knew. Yes, we've both grown (that going away video I mentioned? We tortured ourselves yesterday afternoon by sitting through the hour and a half it took to watch it!) but for the most part are still the same.
Nancy and I have not seen each other since my spring break in 1993, so it was nice to be reunited with her even for a short period of time.

Saturday
We got up around 7:30 Saturday morning and after breakfast with Bryan and Gracie, Nancy and I went to get out nails done. Then we picked Bryan and Gracie up, and headed to Montgomery to meet Bryan's mom for lunch at Chappy's Deli. After lunch, Nana Kay took Gracie home for a nap and Nancy, Bryan, and I went out to Eastchase. We stopped in a few of the stores and then because of the icy winds decided to head over to Eastdale Mall. None of us bought a thing at the mall, but Bryan had a pretzel and Nancy and I grabbed some cookies on the way out.
When we picked Gracie up from Nana Kay's house, we headed back to our neck of the woods and watched the previously mentioned video before heading to O'Charley's for dinner. Oh my gosh, I ordered the Prime Rib Pasta and was in no way disappointed. If you have a chance, you should definitely give it a shot! The leftovers I had today were just as good at the restaurant last night. Some pictures from dinner...

Gracie in the car before we went into the restaurant.

Nancy and Gracie (who isn't looking!)

Take #2 was better!
After dinner at O'Charley's, we went by Circuit City (I found the cutest holder for my iPod!) and Target just to look around. When we came home, Bryan took a few more picture before I put Gracie to bed....

Me & Nancy

Me, Gracie, and Nancy

Sunday
This morning, Nancy, Gracie and I (Bryan had to work) got up and got ready for church. Before we left, Tina took some pictures of us decked out in our Sunday best:

Me & Gracie

Me, Gracie & Nancy

After we came home from church, Nancy and I had a small lunch before she left about forty-five minutes ago. I truly enjoyed being able to have Nancy come and stay with us, even though the visit seemed very short. We really got to catch up yesterday during our morning mani/pedi at the salon, and I was excited to see pictures of some of our old friends from highschool. Plus, Nancy got to meet Bryan and Gracie who are two very important people in my life now. I told Nancy that maybe we could make plans and take a trip up to Virginia sometime in the future. For now, I'm heading off to enjoy being a lazy bum before choir practice!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.