9.04.2009

Baked Penne and Sausage



Okay, so I did it. The other night I made a trip to Books-A-Million to purchase the book Crazy Love for the first installment reading of The Bloom Book Club hosted by Jessica Turner and Angie Smith. Anyway, instead of paying $9.99 (plus tax) for a magazine that I can't even remember the name of, I pulled out a scrap piece of paper from my wallet and jotted down the following recipe. I made it last night for dinner, and it was absolutely wonderful!

Baked Penne and Sausage
2 cups uncooked penne pasta
1 lb smoked sausage, sliced (I sliced mine and then cut them in half again)
1/2 c milk
can of cream of celery soup, undiluted
1 1/2 c cheddar french fried onions (divided)
1/2 c mozzarella cheese (divided)
1/2 c cheddar cheese (divided)

Cook pasta according to directions. In a skillet, brown the sausage. In a large mixing bowl, whisk soup and milk together. Add half the mozzarella, half the cheddar, and half the fried onions and mix well. Drain pasta and add to soup/cheese mixture. Drain sausage and add to pasta. Bake @ 375 degrees for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining cheeses and fried onions.

I served this with green beans and crusty french bread! Wonderful!

WHAT'S COMING IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS?
Monday: James will be one month old and celebrating his first Labor Day at Pratt Park for the BBQ! I'm going to post pictures and see for myself (and for all of you) how he looks at one month compared to days old.

Also, I just took an idea from Parents Magazine and created a special chore chart for Gracie that I wanted to share on my blog. I feel like she has reached an age where she can help with certain tasks around the house. And I'm trying to help a friend from church with simple recipe ideas for herself and her brother, so be on the lookout for more recipes to come!

1 comments:

Lori Mercer said...

Don't forget to do a one month photo of James so we can watch him grow each month!! ;)