9.15.2009

I'm no Martha Stewart....



But Martha would be so proud!

Last night for dinner, I made a casserole that I created all by myself. If you have seen this recipe or one similar to it, lets just keep that between you and me. I was feeling very inspired and creative and down-right upbeat last night. I was cooking dinner, washing, folding, and hanging both of the kids clothes. That still sounds so weird when I say "the kids"! I bet some of you know what that's like...

Anyway! On to share my recipe, which (shocker) even Bryan said he enjoyed! Usually when I attempt recipes we have a bad time with them.

Creamy Chicken and Noodles
3 chicken breasts, boiled or baked and then shredded (I baked)
2 1/2 cups uncooked egg noodles
2/3 cup milk
1/3 cup sour cream
1 can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
1 sleeve of Ritz crackers
1/4 cup melted butter

If you boil the chicken, preheat the oven to 375 while it boils. If you bake it, do so at 375 for an hour and then leave the oven on.Once the chicken is cooked and shredded, cook the egg noodles for about five minutes (just to soften them up, so they won't get too mushy in the oven!)
Drain the noodles. Mix the soup, milk, and sour cream with a wisk. Combine the noodles, chicken, and soup mixture in a bowl and then transfer to a greased casserole dish. Crush the sleeve of Ritz crackers and mix with the melted butter. Sprinkle on top of the casserole and bake for 20 minutes. We had our with garlic bread. Yum!

And in other sad news.....

I could watch Dirty Dancing fifty thousand times and only because I heart Patrick Swayze. Dirty Dancing is one of my favorite old movies. It's just a sad, sad day that another one of Hollywood's talented actors is gone.

2 comments:

Wade's World said...

Nobody puts baby in the corner...

Candy Jones said...

We tried the recipe tonight and it was delicious. Keep more recipes coming!