9.19.2009

You Asked, I Answered!

So last week I told you to ask me anything. Amy and Lyndsey jumped at the chance to ask me some random stuff. Here are my answers!

Amy asked:
What is your favorite food of all time?
Wow. If I had to pick one thing to eat for the rest of my life, it would be popcorn. If we're talking actual REAL food...my Granny's homemade cornbread dressing. Nothing in this world could top it.
What do you see Gracie being when she grows up?
You always want your children to be something wonderful and something amazing....if whatever she is doing makes her happy, then I say that's fine by me. I think she'll be involved in music where ever she goes. I've never seen a child who loves to sing that much! And she learns it quickly. But singing is in her blood. LoL!
How do you feel about arranged marriages (i.e. Gracie and Jackson)?
I don't know. He'd have to get rid of his imaginary friend, Allison, and we'd have to be a little bit more flexible with the whole Auburn thing. We'll talk about it over lunch sometime. :P
Do you think that twitter is highly overrated?
I think twitter is highly overrated and pointless. That's why I never use it anymore.
What are you having for dinner tonight?
Tonight (Saturday) we had homemade chicken carbonara that needed more sauce. I'll post the recipe when you come back from your cruise and we create our recipe blog!

Lyndsey McCrory asked:
How and why did you start blogging?
I started blogging back when my husband, Bryan, and I got married. That blog was called "Life as a Newlywed" and didn't last very long. Neither did the "Pregnant Life" blog that followed after that. But when Bryan's dad (who lives in Missouri) started visiting us and met Gracie, we wanted a way to keep him updated. Then my mom went overseas to Qatar in January of 2007, and it was another outlet for extended family to keep up with us. Now it has become a social network. Who are you if you don't have a blog now?
Do you want MORE babies?? :)
I think we've talked about this on Facebook before - are you asking a trick question? We are done. For numerous reasons, the main ones being (hello???) kids are expensive. Also my age played a factor in James being conceived rather quickly. Although Amy will tell you she got me pregnant. I don't know that she should phrase it that way. Yes, I would like more. But our family is complete with four. I am extremely blessed to have two beautiful, healthy children.
How did you decide on your children's names?
I love this question! Gracie's full given name is Gracelynn Kay. I decided on her name even before I was pregnant with her. Grace is one of my favorite names but I didn't like Grace Nelson. So my mom's middle name is Lynn and my mother-in-law's middle name is Kay. And there you have it! I used both grandmothers' middle names to make her name special.
James Edward, however, is special in his own way. I was positive during the pregnancy with him that HE was really a SHE. It was just the exact same pregnancy! Until they told me he was a boy. I hadn't bothered looking at boy names. So I became inspired and after talking it over with Karen one afternoon, decided to name the baby Edward after Karen's late husband Eddie, who passed away suddenly last September after double knee surgery. Eddie was a very important person (and friend) to me in the short time we knew each other. So after talking to Karen and then to Bryan, Bryan and I agreed he could pick the first name if I could choose Edward for the middle name. Bryan chose James because he had an uncle named James, and my grandfather's first name is James. So it's a family name.Long story but I love that question!
Do you still fix Gracie her "fancy" lunches in her "fancy" lunchbox?
I am a bad mom. Since the summer started, Gracie has been buying her lunch at school. I still use her lunchbox from time to time, and probably will when she goes back full-time (she is only going to preschool right now and being picked up at 11:30 - her school allows new siblings to have "maternity leave"). Anyway, I am not as creative as I used to be. I am hoping to get back on the wagon. She enjoys taking her lunch or buying it. But at least if I pack it, I know when she gets home exactly how much she has eaten.

Well ladies, thanks for the interesting questions! Maybe I'll do this again the future....maybe even an "Ask Gracie" edition!

1 comments:

Wade's World said...

Good answers, but I'm totally the one that got you pregnant. If it weren't for my amazing ovulation prediction abilities, you wouldn't have James right now.

And the word "answers" looks really funny typed out. I need a spell check option in the comment box.