9.14.2009

My Tall, Fat, Big-Headed Boy!



If by the subject line you can't tell that James had his one month check up today, that is EXACTLY what the doctor said. Okay, maybe that's just what I heard!

Birth weight: 8 lbs, 8 oz.
1 Month: 10 lbs, 12 oz.

Birth Height: 20.5 in.
1 Month: 22 1/4 in.

Birth head size: N/A
1 Month: 40 cm.

That makes for one big baby!
He also had to have his PKU done (where they prick his heel) and he had to get his second Hepatitis shot. Thankfully, he only cried for a second. Bryan said the needle was REALLY long and she stuck it ALL the way in - I don't know, I usually don't watch!
Dr. Winston also advised us of something we already knew - all three of us, Bryan, Gracie, and I will be getting both the flu shot and the H1N1 shot when they are available. I am waiting on a call from my own doctor because I'm mildly allergic to eggs (not serious enough to be hospitalized or anything) so the pharmacist wants me to make sure before I head off to Winn-Dixie to get my shot tomorrow!

And in more Baby James news, we think he might have a slightly mild case of colic. The "witching hour" is normally between 8pm and 10pm, and there is absolutely nothing that can be done to calm this child down. Then again, I'm thankful it's only a 2 hour time frame. I've heard colic horror stories about kids who cry NONSTOP. As in, ALL the time. We asked about medications but our pediatrician does not like to prescribe them. She feels like colic is something that will work itself out. The doctor just advised us to keep doing what we are doing, try the same repetitive movements (walking him, bouncing him) even so much as turning on the washing machine and putting him in it. OH WAIT! She said put him in the carseat and set him on TOP of the machine. My bad :)

I'm hoping it goes away soon....it's not any fun! But I am thankful that we are blessed and that a mild case of colic is our only problem!

2 comments:

McCrory Family said...

Sounds like he is growing great!! His head circum. was nearly the same as MA's at 4 months! :) Has drinking more water helped...?

Candy Jones said...

He is a doll! Is he still on breast milk or formula? Molly just had colic so bad too and as soon as we tried Similac Sensitive it made all the difference in the world. It may not "fix" every baby but boy it helped her tummy! Just a thought. I know some people hate advice! : )