9.07.2009

James Edward: One Month Old!


Here he is, folks! At one month old, James tried to talk to me for the first time last night.

Okay, if you consider trying to "gurgle" at me a form of talking - then he was talking! He and I were on the bed after he had his bottle, and I was talking to him about anything and everything. He had the hiccups, but he formed his tongue a few times and made almost what sounded like a "coo" or "ooh" sound. Too cute!

He is not yet sleeping through the night (I don't remember how old Gracie was, I'll have to pull out her baby book). He does sleep for longer stretches of time at night than during the day. He is becoming more alert! Thursday we had lunch at McAllister's with a friend from work, and he was continually looking around and swinging his arms and legs.

He likes to suck on his fingers when he's taking a bath. He'll also suck on my fingers, when he's hungry. Ha!

So here he is at two days old....


And here he is at one month.....


Okay so looking at the photos before I post them, I don't notice a huge difference. He does appear longer, and as far as his hair it's not as "oily" as when he was born. It is kind of fuzzy when you wash it, and seems to be thinning out on the top. I am excited and nervous to see what happens when it starts getting longer because any time his hair gets wet or he gets sweaty, I noticed instant curls to his hair. Kept short I think curly hair would be cute, but I was secretly hoping for straight hair like Gracie's. Oh well! It will be fun to experiment with it, if it is curly.

We spent the afternoon at Pratt Park after having lunch at Chick-Fil-A, all decked out in our Alabama shirts to get our free sandwiches! Here are some photos of Gracie playing the games they had set up for kids:




2 comments:

Unknown said...

what time did yall go up there? we were there too around 11:30 til about 1:30. it was soooooo hot!!

Wade's World said...

He's a cutie, and apparently very smart for his age, but he doesn't officially turn 1 month old until Thursday. That means that he is even more advanced than you first thought!