11.13.2007

Success!



Friday morning when I got Gracie out of her crib (before we all came down the "The Crud") I noticed how dry her diaper was. Having read a small amount of potty-training material while I was pregnant, a clear sign of a good sign to start potty-training is when the child is waking up with dry diapers.
On a whim, I asked if Gracie needed to go potty. I was answered with an "uh huh" so we took off for her bathroom and I plopped her down on the toilet. Now, we don't have your standard "potty chair" because 1) we have two bathrooms and 2) her bathroom is too small to accomodate another chair so we just bought the little cushiony attachment to go on our regular toilet. All it has really been doing since we bought is keeping her from falling in.
Anyway, I'm getting off track. So Friday I put her on the potty and went to get her clothes ready for the day. (Before you go all "Bad Mommy" on me, I could still see her on the potty from her bedroom).
Then I hear her tell me, "Mama, I pottied." Hm. This has happened before. But guess what I found out when I lifted her off the potty? It was yellow!!! (read: she really HAD used the potty).
Not wanting to make it a HUGE deal, I told her how awesome that was. Fast forward through our weekend of sheer entertainment spent lounging around the house like sick little imps. This morning she woke up around 6:45 and again, I found a dry diaper. So we did the potty routine again, only this time she was rewarded for her efforts with an M&M. When she asked for more, I explained that she gets one of those when she uses the potty. So we're going to make a really good attempt to "Officially" begin potty-training. Wish us luck!

0 comments: