11.18.2007

Week-End Review

In my previous post, I mentioned that I would inform those of you who check my blog (thank you!) whether or not Gracie liked the Snappy Smothered Chicken. The answer is a big, resounding "No!" and her Mommy didn't much care for it either. For me, it was the white cooking whine I used. It tasted better in another recipe I've tried previously, but it just didn't sit well with me in that one. I will probably substitute chicken broth or extra milk next time and see how that turns out.

So far our weekend has been kind of laid-back. Friday night, Nanna Kay kept Gracie so Bryan and I rented Mr. Brooks and Reign Over Me. I'm not a big Kevin Kostner fan and the movie was kind of morbid and gross, but Bryan and I are huge fans of Dane Cook so we rented it anyway. I won't spoil the movie if you're interested in watching it, but it just wasn't my cup of tea. Reign Over Me, however, was actually pretty decent but a tad on the depressing side (if you watch the trailer, you'll find out why). The story is linked to 9-11 in a roundabout way.

Then on Saturday I had to work, which is loads of fun considering I'm in retail and we're always busy this time of year. The next few days will be just as busy. Then last night we had dinner at the home of my sister-in-law Tara, to celebrate Nanna Kay's birthday. Nanna took Gracie to have Christmas pictures done at Sears, and I will post a link to that whenever they are online.

Other than that....the weather is kind of dreary here this afternoon and my mom and sisters are coming for dinner. We are looking forward to having a quiet Thanksgiving with Bryan's family this week. I'll post more later!

0 comments: