11.24.2007

Turkeys & Tailgating


Thanksgiving Recap: For those of you who might be interested to know, Gracie does not like: dressing, cranberry sauce, or green beans (for the record, I already knew about the last one). However, when it comes to Thanksgiving Gracie does like ham, sweet potato casserole, and....deviled eggs. I never would've guessed on the eggs until I gave Bryan one and Gracie said "I own bite." so I gave her some...and she inhaled two of them.
Thanksgiving is always fun for me because I see family I don't get to see alot throughout the year, but I always end up eating way too much. And every year I tell my Granny to give me her dressing recipe and she never does. This year, I'm putting my foot down!

Tailgating:

So tonight, somewhat in honor of the Iron Bowl/Auburn vs. Alabama garbage that e.v.e.r.y.b.o.d.y seems to love but me...we had an impromptu tailgating-style picnic on the coffee table. First Bryan made us fuzzy navel slushies. Gracie's is the one picture above, and yes folks we are working on the "big girl" cup now!


This is a picture of Gracie and her new and yet unnamed pal, Little Lamb. He was a gift from a friend of Nanna Kay's.


A picture of the non-Iron Bowl watching picnic we had on the coffee table. We had our fuzzy navel slushies, potato salad, tortilla chips and cheese dip, and pigs in a blanket. Yum!

Bryan also started a fire so in the spirit of keeping her new clothes clean, we stripped Gracie down to nothing but her diaper. She is pictured here on her princess couch, while we hung out on the livingroom floor munching on goodies and watching The Polar Express. She's got a mashed up pig in a blanket in one hand, chip in the other.

I just don't "do" football. My family never has, and in the six years Bryan and I have been together (while his Mom, sister, and brother-in-law are avid watchers) Bryan and I have honestly never watched a game. I'm just not into football! But we had fun celebrating in the spirit of hanging out and chowing down anyways!

0 comments: