5.15.2008

Fun Stuff

Okay, so I know that Mommy Fest is almost over, but I thought I'd do a fun little blog all about me just for new visitors passing through, or the nice folks who already stopped by and left me comments about my previous blogs.
I thought I'd just start spouting off random facts about myself....
1. I am the oldest of thirteen grandchildren on my mother's side of the family. Out of those thirteen grandchildren, only two of them are boys. Except for my mother, all my aunts and uncles have three children. (My mom has four). All of my cousins also have three children, or at least two. I am still sticking with only one.
2. I don't know my father very well, and haven't for most of my life. In some ways that has hurt me and in some ways, it has made me stronger. I do, however, have a Father in my life now. I accepted Jesus Christ as my personal Lord and Savior in April of 2006.
3. Having my daughter taught me what God's love is like, and I totally get that now.
4. I am a germaphobe. Ask anyone who works with me, they will tell you. I had to switch from liquid hand sanitizer to foam because using it so much was making my hands break out.
5. I love men with accents. There was a man from Bright House (our cable company) at my house today with a Puerto Rican accent.
6. I am a fan of boy bands and don't care who knows it! I traveled all over the place to see the Backstreet Boys, and met a few of them in the process. In fact, when I met Nick Carter I was five months pregnant with my daughter.
7. I remember when Neil Patrick Harris (from How I Met Your Mother) was known as Doogie Howser.
8. I remember when layering your socks was cool (like ice cream cones?)
9. I like to sing, but usually when I sing, I prefer slow or ballad style songs to upbeat songs.
10. My daughter = the true joy in my life
11. I am almost four years older than my husband. That means I was a senior when he started ninth grade.
12. My bestfriend of twelve years recently moved to New York with her fiancee to be closer to their families, and I am going through withdrawals.
13. I love popcorn.
14. I love to have get togethers at my house.
15. My husband and I will be losing our house shortly when it is foreclosed on because we had to file bankruptcy (yes, we are one of "those" people who were suckered into an adjustable rate mortgage).
16. I am not upset (anymore) about losing our house. Where God closes a door, he opens a window.
17. My daughter will start preschool in August, and I'm already getting nervous.
18. I am habitually late to work.
19. I have become obsessed with getting pedicures.
20. I am out of random thoughts on myself, so I'm stopping at twenty!

0 comments: