5.27.2008

Tuesday Toot



So I mentioned in my last post about some "exciting news" I had, which I consider the beginning of a major accomplishment. Before I got pregnant with Gracie, I had joined Weight Watchers with my mother-in-law. Please, all the anti-diet people who are reading, just hear me out for a second.
Weight Watchers is by far the best diet I have ever been on. No joke. Weight Watchers allowed me to continue enjoying the foods that I love, only in moderate portions. And some things are considered "free" point items (most green veggies) so you can literally eat all you want of those!
Anyway, over the last few months I've noticed a serious decline in my overall health. I understand that I am overweight and have been for most of my adult life, and probably (from the looks of my parents) that there is a good chance I'll never lose ALL the extra weight. But I believe I lost a total of 40-50 pounds on Weight Watchers the first go-around.

And now, I'm doing it again. I'm not going to the meetings, but I am familiar with the point system and how it works. I also have an activity slider, so if I work out I earn extra points. (You have to understand Weight Watchers to know what the whole "point" thing is about).

Anyway, when I was perusing the internet this morning, I found out that Curves is offer three weeks of membership FREE if you bring in three milk caps! And it's literally down the road from my church, so it might actually work out. Curves is great because you go in 30 minute workout sessions that work around your busy schedule.

That said, I look forward to Tuesday Toots in the future so I can share my weight loss tips, secrets, and struggles with all of you. Please keep me in your prayers. Dieting is not something that comes easy for me, I am not ashamed to admit that I am a boredom muncher. And leave me a comment of encouragement from time to time!

Edited to add: By a decline in my overall health, I do NOT mean that I have been diagnosed with anything serious. I've just noticed that even going to bed and getting 7-8 hours of sleep, I'm still exhausted the next day. I also have very little energy, and feel weak alot. I think that the majority of my health issues have to do with my weight, and I don't want to cause any future health problems by continuing this vicious cycle of unhealthy eating habits.

4 comments:

Kaye said...

Hey...keep your head up. What's important is that you are conscious about your health and making an honest effort to improve it. We were not all created to look like supermodels, but we can take care of ourself to be the healthiest we can be.

That being said, I have had some weight issues over the last few years and I have gone off and on WW several times. I agree they are an awesome program and I have had great success when I stuck to it. However, I didn't make the life change required for keeping the weight loss off, so I had to return...and still have weight to lose.

I'll keep tuning in to see how you're doing. Maybe you'll inspire me as well!

fatloss007 said...

its awesome if its working for you

Juliana said...

Hi,

I am running You and Your children tag.

Hope you can join with me.

Regards,
Juliana RW
From Juliana‘s Site & Picturing of Life

fatloss007 said...

wow its great if you lost 30-40 pounds