5.29.2008

Prayers, Warnings, and Stuff Christians Like

Please remember to keep the family of Todd & Angie Smith in your prayers. Todd's sister, Nicol, just lost her little boy to what apparently has been determined as SIDs. If you remember my previous posts about Angie, she and Todd lost their little girl, Audrey a few months ago. This family has suffered some devastating losses, so they need our prayers.
And a quick warning; blog posts will be few and far between in the upcoming week, considering that VBS starts this Sunday and will run until next Friday. Then that same weekend, Bryan, Gracie, Kayla (my sister) and I will be going to Atlanta to visit the zoo and the aquarium. Please pray for us during out travel/trip because this is Gracie's first official vacation away from home. That is part of the reason we're keeping it short and sweet.

And in other news, I have absolutely fallen in love with Jon over at Stuff Christians Like. Not a romantic kind of love, just a "gosh you are so funny and you think God is funny, so why didn't I think of that?". Jon's website is absolutely awesome, touching on subjects from church dates to one of my favorite posts about Thinking faith is an event.
Not to steal from Jon's own blog, but my absolute favorite part of this particular post can be found right here:

I think that is something we Christians forget that we need to be found. We think it's already happened. We ascribe events to our faith and say things like, "I became a Christian in the fourth grade" or "I gave my life to Christ last year." I like the present tense better. I like how words like becoming and being and giving, capture that faith isn't so much an event as it is an experience. It isn't so much something you do once, but rather something you do. We need to be found. Not once in a single moment of salvation but daily. Hourly even, we need the God of the universe to come running. To find us. To know us and love us.

I don’t know where you are right now. Maybe you’re found, maybe you’re lost, but regardless, please know that there is a father watching your road. It is all he does. His beard is growing long, his stomach is going empty as he waits by the road for you. He won’t leave. He can’t leave as long as you’re still out there. You need only get up and go and wait for the sound of desperate feet in the distance.


I am absolutely floored, amazed, and in love. Jon you are awesome!

0 comments: