5.06.2008



I have signed up for Blog Momma, who in turn is also part of the Mommy Community. "Tuesday Toot" is all about mother's posting their OWN accomplishments(in other words-tooting our OWN horn), since we are more than willing to always post about our children and what they have accomplished.

I am very proud of the fact that while I have not put it to use job-wise, in August of 2005 I graduated from Auburn University Montgomery with a BA in Sociology. I also have a double-minor in Juvenile Justice and Psychology. My ultimate goal was to get a job working with and/or counseling juvenile delinquents, but someone who worked at one of the youth facilities assured me that "counseling" at a detention center basically involved the kids telling me what I wanted to hear, they get released, and cycle back in six months later.

I still want to work with troubled kids, I'm just not sure in what aspect. But I am proud of the fact that I set out to go to college, knew exactly what areas I wanted to pursue, and graduated even when I was six months pregnant with Gracie. I had contemplated at one time going back to get a Master's in Criminal Justice, but financially and realistically that's just not an option right now.

But it feels good to have been successful in completing something I set out to do.

1 comments:

Wade's World said...

Toot Toot Baby! I didn't know you had not only a BS, but a double minor. That is quite an accomplishment!